Friday, May 13, 2011

I think I'm gonna puke...

I was a little on edge about the fact that today is Friday the 13th; call me crazy but I guess I'm a little on the superstitious side and I err on the side of 'what can go wrong will go wrong.' It actually ended up being a really lucky day for me! I got to sleep in til 7, my all day class only lasted until noon, getting to enjoy a round of golf with some fun people, and rounding it off with a call from work saying they didn't need me to come in tonight-- hot dog!

I missed morning Crossfit bc of my class, which sounded lucky since I got a 7 am text from Josie berating me for being lucky enough to somehow always miss the HARDEST workout days. Being the completely insane jackass that I am, I decided that since I didn't have to work I should try and hit the afternoon class (on a full stomach mind you) knowing FULL WELL what was in store. I shot Ash a courtesy text telling her she would be well advised to get a puke bucket ready due to the combination of heat, a full belly, and an ass kicking workout, which she most definitely delivered! I layed on the ground for a few minutes at the end of our WOD having on of those few 'come to Jesus' moments, all the while trying to catch my breath and choke back the puke. Rough....

There's one thing that's been bugging me about all this.. why the hell did I do it? I had fair warning that it would be torture, and I showed up anyway. Even after I had just eaten lunch (chili) and it was hot as balls out. Still showed up. I guess I'm surprised and maybe even a little proud of myself; I realized today how much more seriously I take my commitment to myself, my health, and to other people who expect great things from me. I walked a little taller on my way out of class today, albeit almost doubled over, limping, and dripping sweat...

No comments:

Post a Comment