Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blockin' bullshit!

"You know what you need to do? Just cut all this extra bullshit out of your life right now. You got too much shit goin on. Focus on you, Connor, and the gym and just say fuck everything else!"

"Focus on the positive. If there is anyone in your life who makes you feel the least bit unwanted, self conscious, or just not good let them go. You have to value yourself more than anyone else to get the respect and love you deserve."

Two of the best pieces of advice I've probably ever been given in my life, both received from fellow CF'ers in the past couple weeks. I share a little bit of my struggle because I want other people to know they aren't alone. That even if your plans get effed up a million times, life has a way of balancing back out once you steady the sails again. There comes a time when you have to start making the hard decisions whether you like it or not. Sometimes that means leaving people behind whether you want to or not. Sometimes it's a whole group of people that become nothing but deadweight to your dreams and progress. Time to crawl out of the rut with the help of those who have a positive effect on your life. I figure something/someone is either building you up or breaking you down... and if you aren't sure which one it is, you should probably drop em like the bad habit they are. Often times we know the answer but we try to find a way to get around it when the truth is staring us in the face.

Ironically enough as I'm writing this tonight I get a ridiculous text from one of my former "friends," and I remember exactly why I decided to take TC's advice and cut the fucking bullshit out of my life once and for all. And Ash K's, for that matter, to finally stand up for my damn self. Life is too short to get caught up in other people and their drama; the truth is when people try to tear you down it's only because they want to bring you to their level. I'm rising above that today. For the first time in my life I'm putting on the effin gloves to fight for my own happiness. The things that make my happy are simple--my close family and real friends, Connor, Crossfit/the people there, and work. Fuck all the rest. It's time to block bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment