Monday, April 9, 2012

Excuse me while I vom

This is the conversation Connor and I had tonight:

Him- Mom what's wrong with you?
Me- (sweating and writhing around while clutching my stomach) ughhh, I ate some bad food Connor and now I have a belly ache.
Him- When people make food that's bad for you, you shouldn't eat it.

Thank you, dietary advice at its simplest from my 6 year old. I should probably listen to him more, then I wouldn't be feeling like complete garbage right now... The holiday wrap up wasn't so bad, I only had one day of major debauchery in celebration of crushing my goal of a sub-27 minute 5k. It was so freakin awesome to see so many people from our group placing and PR'ing at the Bunny Run Saturday! When I first began my journey a little over a year and a half ago I never dreamed I'd be here.. my first ever 5k was 36:30 in Sept of 2010, and Saturday I finished in 24:51!

Time to set some new goals.. God knows this girl NEEDS to stay busy and focused in order to stay sane. The final leg of my 3 month blind experiment is upon me, and since I feel like total hell today from all the shit food I ate, it's motivated me to try and go cheat-free for the next 25 days (til the end date--Kayla's wedding). Also, I feel like it's already time to start priming up if I'm going to take a stab at Memorial Day Murph. Off topic, but I'm also thinking about buying a legit bike in the next couple weeks as well.. I went out riding for about an hour last Sunday, covered 13 miles and really kind of enjoyed the scenery and relaxation. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Easter and enjoyed the extra day(s) off. Holiday time is nice but I gotta be honest, I'm totally ready to get back to the ol' grind tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment